- This event has passed.
Course 421 – The Valuation of Partial Acquisitions
September 24, 2019 @ 8:00 am - September 27, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
- Industry: An advanced course that is required for the Generalist, Oil & Gas Pipeline and Transportation pathways in the SR/WA program.
- Specialist: Required course for the R/W-AC and R/W-URAC programs.
- Review of the basic principles and the valuation process
- Utilization of both Federal (“Before and After”) Rule and the State (Summation) Method in the valuation of partial acquisitions
- Allocation of the partial acquisition compensation among its components (i.e., value of the part taken, damages to the remainder, benefits to the remainder, cost to cure)
- Application of various methods to analyze and quantify the impacts of partial acquisitions on remainder properties
- Analysis of both temporary and permanent easements and valuation techniques
- How to become a better expert witness
- Participant Manual
- USPAP Text
- Financial calculator
Who should take this course
This course is geared toward experienced appraisers who are in the process of conducting partial acquisitions and deals with the special problems of the valuation of partial acquisition, both fee/easement.
Dalton Vann, MAI, RWA, R/W-AC has been appraising in the right of way profession for about ten years. He currently serves as Vice President in JLL’s Valuation and Advisory Services. Mr. Vann has performed valuation and consulting services across the State of Texas on various properties including industrial facilities, retail centers, hotels/motels, subdivisions, office buildings, billboards, churches, ranches, estates, residential units, and raw land. His experience in appraisal for right of way acquisition purposes includes projects for public transportation authorities, local municipalities, public utilities, pipeline and electrical transmission line companies, light rail authorities and other agencies. Mr. Vann has served on the IRWA Chapter 36 board and in committees since 2011 and was the young professional of the year for the chapter in 2015. He has served on the education committee for IRWA Chapter 36 currently serves as the secretary.
Lori Vernon, SR/WA, R/W-RAC
6737 S. 85th East Ave
Tulsa, OK 74133
Phone: (918) 494-7600
Fax: (918) 494-7650
Oklahoma Department of Transportation Training Facility
1025 SE 59th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73129
Phone: (405) 632-8022
Participant Capacity: 35
SUGGESTED HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS:
SpringHill Suites by Marriott, Moore
613 NW 8th Street
Rate: Single – $104.00 + tax per night
Contact hotel directly for reservations
Must mention IRWA when placing reservations