- This event has passed.
Course 901 – Engineering Plan Development & Application
April 18 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The purpose of this course is to enable participants to improve their plan reading skills in order to perform their jobs more easily, effectively and efficiently. The course is designed to enable participants to improve their skills in using engineering plans and drawings.
- Generalist: An intermediate course that can be applied towards the Generalist pathway in the SR/WA program.
- Specialist: Required course for the R/W-NAC program.
- How to read topographic and property information on plans
- The interrelationship of plan, profile and cross section sheets
- How to determine the horizontal and vertical alignment of a centerline
- How to use aerial photogrammetry
- Plane coordinates
- Utility line crossings of highways
- Contour line characteristics
- How to calculate earthwork
- Interpreting right of way plans
Course Tuition includes
- Participant Manual
- Engineering tools (engineering scale, protractor and straight edge)
- Financial calculator
- Mechanical pencil
Who should take this course
Janet K. Meshek, SR/WA
In her 35+ years of experience in engineering, Ms. Meshek has provided design services for numerous roadway, storm sewer, culvert, bridge, and detention pond design projects. She has prepared master drainage planning studies, written and/or updated ordinances and criteria manuals, and supervised several municipal studies – including capital improvement project prioritization and updating municipal fee schedules. She has served as an expert witness in numerous drainage-related litigation cases, including damage and condemnation cases for the City of Tulsa and for the Oklahoma Department of Transportation. In 2011, Ms. Meshek realized the need for integrated engineering and Right of Way services as complementary disciplines and, as a result, formed the Right of Way team within the firm. With her engineering background and experience, she proceeded to obtain her Senior Right of Way Agent certification from the International Right of Way Association (IRWA). Ms. Meshek serves as Principal in Charge for both the Planning and Right of Way Divisions at Meshek. In 2012, Ms. Meshek expanded the Right of Way section to a fully operational land acquisition and relocation service department. COURSE COORDINATOR:
Lori Vernon, SR/WA, R/W-RAC
6737 S. 85th East Ave
Tulsa, OK 74133
Phone: (918) 494-7600
Fax: (918) 494-7650
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org CLASSROOM LOCATION:
Oklahoma Department of Transportation Training Facility
1025 SE 59th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73129
Phone: (405) 632-8022
Participant Capacity: 35 SUGGESTED HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS:
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
613 NW 8th Street
Moore, OK 73160
Phone: (405) 759-2600
Rate: $104.00 + tax per night
Contact hotel directly for reservations
Must mention reserving room for IRWA class